View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,191 Times in 4,622 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin's another Dave Wannstedt

I honestly don't know what to say anymore. The amount of people asking for Tomlin's head just bring out the fairweather fanbase, and that's cool, every team has them. People don't recognize what Tomlin means to this franchise. In my opinion, he's as important as Roethlisberger to this team. The whole idea of "Tomlin's game management sucks!" is an old, tired one that is repeated rhetoric by the ignorant. People calling out his usage of timeouts and game day planning are always falling back on either a) bullshit or b) ignorance - and it frustrates me when people that literally have no idea what they're talking about try to make a point about the coach.

You can't blame the coach for penalties. Sure, it could mean a lack of discipline, but you can't teach Sanders not to flinch and and get false start. You can't teach Legursky and Foster to not hold, because it's in their mechanics and they're not starting guards. In fact, the ST penalties got to a point where he was taking helmets away from people that were considered 'multiple offenders'. He sat down Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman when they fumbled and couldn't sit Rainey down due to lack of running backs. He's trying to maintain discipline over the team, and for the most part, succeeding. There's a reason why he was voted the most liked coach by players - this wasn't an accident. They're buying what he's selling, and for the most part, it's worked. He's been to two Super Bowls, and won one of them.

Whenever we win, it's all love and rainbows. When we lose, it's fire Tomlin and Haley, and get rid of Mike Wallace. If you're a fan, you criticize the faults of the team, not use scapegoats and point the finger at others - undeservedly.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote