Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Lets go CHARGERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
Amazing. A highly paid professional ref with tools at his disposal you can only dream off and being scrutinized by other officials and the league, missed something you saw from your living room. You should call them up immediately and advise them of their error.
Well, I guess Ray Rice is 8 1/2 feet tall then. Since his knee is down short of the 35 and the ball is clutched to his chest, he'd have to be to spot the ball where they had it. Doesn't take high tech equipment to know 2 yards = 6 feet, which is how far in front of the knee being down they originally spotted the ball.

If you still don't get it, why don't you do an experiment so you can visualize it.
I'd be willing to bet your taller than Ray Rice, so we'll give you the benefit of an extra couple of inches.
Now, there was green space between the white 35 yard line and the knee down. So at best it was an inch short of the line. More likely 3-6 inches short.
Knee was down with ball to chest, body leaning forward, but knee and upper leg straight up. Even if he was sprawled out, which he wasn't the most the ball could advance was if you measured from the top of his knee to the upper chest. Again that's best case scenario. Realistically, should have been from just below the waist to mid chest.

For this experiment, why don't you take the full benefit of the doubt and measure from your knees to your shoulders. If you come up with more than 4 ft, then I guess you're correct. The refs gave him more than 4 1/2 feet from knee down on the respot. Over 6 feet before the review.

He was short and there's not much doubt. yet the call was indeed blown.

Hope the experiment helps you understand. I realize you may be challenged a bit and I'm just trying to help you out.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (11-26-2012)