View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Controlling our own destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I apologize to everyone that I ripped into yesterday - talk about U_G_L_Y. I just can't stay optimistic with a performance like that. Yesterday's game speaks volumes about the discipline and focus of the rest of the play makers on the O. Emmanuel Sanders was the only guy that showed up. We have zero leaders on offense outside of Ben (and Brown by example). Hell, Plax contributed more to the game than Wallace has in the past two by drawing the PI. We will still need a group of backs next season - so I'm not up for getting rid of Redman - Mendy can't go away soon enough for me - he is entering Wallace territory with his ho-humness.

I don't even care about watching next week's game after yesterday - what a waste of time it will be at this rate. I will really start to second guess Tomlin and co if they force the issue with putting Ben back in there. Haven't they learned anything from last season against 49ers? I think we would have all rather taken 11-5 or 10-6 than 12-4 with a gimpy behind center come playoffs. Let Ben rest for another week - its not worth it.

My overall feeling is that the Steelers need to bring in some training and conditioning consultants - this will be two to three seasons in a row (and i think I'm being conservative in my estimate) that this team just can't keep people on the field.

Can we just start praying for 10-6 with a healthy squad entering in the playoffs now? The divisional talk needs to stop altogether, as does hoping to have Ben back next week. Why would anyone want that at this point? Also - how about a new WR from the draft? Anything is more enjoyable than going on and on about the current state.

Sanders showed up...But someone else that did was Jason Worilds. He looked fabulous. And you could make a case for Timmons as well.
Other than that? Nothing.

Also - i agree with you on the strength and conditioning. I've been saying this for awhile now. We're getting injured at a clip that is OFF THE CHARTS. I've never seen anything like this. Even other teams that have "alot" of injuries isn't even this close - one reason being its been going on for an extended period of time now that is reaching the word "years".
Something is wrong with this. I do fitness training myself - and the ease of an injury could indeed come right back to this. What are we doing? What could we do different in the training room? I almost think that staff HAS to be replaced this offseason.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
Selia25 (11-26-2012)