Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,937 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Endo Troy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
It's a tough question. I think the secondary has been playing more consistently without him - perhaps because they're not having to rely on a LB to cover the coverage in the secondary as they would when Troy was on patrol or involved in one of LeBeau's zone blitzes. That said, the D isn't the turnover machine it is normally with Troy in there, and we lack that unpredictability that forced a lot of teams to play conservative O against us when he's in there.

A fit, healthy Troy is an asset to any team - I do wonder if, when he does come back, LeBeau will look at the progress made in our Secondary this season and change his role somewhat.
I'm wondering this as well. You can't sacrifice progress for the sake of someone's resume. The defense as a whole has had to adjust to life without him. If he is going to be on the field - his role needs to be re-evaluated. He is certainly capable of being a ball hawk like Ed Reed IMO - who has made a career out of being a cherry picker. Problem is - that has burned them a lot too. Damned if you do, like you've all been saying. This draft might be the year we need to trade up for a big time safety or CB. We need someone that can make a living out of getting INTs. I just feel desperate at this point.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote