View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,433 Times in 2,105 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Ask a RB how friendly "players coach" Tomlin is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Wallace is a fraud... he's a one trick pony. Once the league learned how to defend his deep speed he had nothing else to offer....either that or he lost a step? It all means he's no longer relevant in the world of NFL WR's. Thank goodness we did not give him a contract extension. He's playing for a contract right now and that's not enough for him to take it up a notch... also consider the fact he has terrible hands. IMO it appears that he's not putting in the work. Unless he's injured why else would his production drop off a cliff like it has? (since last season)

As for Tomlin being a hard ass... I'm not buying it... sure he's tough on guys for fumbling... he pulls them out of games & might even bench them for a few - no matter if it's bad for the TEAM or not. ... how tough is he in practice? How hard does he make them work to get better? How hard to the players have to work to sharpen their ability to run plays? Watching the way we ran screens for the last several years I can't believe they work that hard...at least not on screens. it was painful to watch for many years...yet we'd still run them. This year seems to be better...but sloppiness is showing up in different ways.

I've heard that the practices are much easier then the Bill Cowher days... but someone else is saying his training camp is tough? I don't know... but I've watched Tomlin enough to think he is in fact a players coach. I think most people believe that.

If Tomlin is tough maybe he needs to take the mussel off Coach Haley and let him coach like he wants to.... you know damn well Haley wanted to tear the asshole right out of his players for that display yesterday.

This season is yet another epic fail by coach Tomlin. How does a team with Superbowl aspirations come up this short? Just like 2009... we can't beat the worst of teams due to lack of focus or preparation by the coaching staff and the players. I seriously think Tomlin will be coaching to keep his job next year. I can't believe the Rooney's will tolerate anything less after this debacle of a season.
If we don't make it to 8-8 or 9-7, and then you see a repeat next season - then I'll start saying Tomlin needs to do something ASAP do get out of the Rooney doghouse. If it gets 1999 bad for a few seasons - then yes, some shit needs to be re-evaluated - but we're not near that point at all. Cowher had some bad ones, and they didn't pull the trigger.

I do think though, what is unique about this situation - is that they have about a 5 or 6 season window to win another championship or two. Cowher was trying to get by without the luxury of a franchise QB. This team has been loaded with talent - but some of the talent is falling by the wayside (and some of it happening a lot earlier than expected - Mendenhall will go down as a huge bust and Wallace will be nothing more than a flash in the pan)

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote