View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: Ask a RB how friendly "players coach" Tomlin is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
If we don't make it to 8-8 or 9-7, and then you see a repeat next season - then I'll start saying Tomlin needs to do something ASAP do get out of the Rooney doghouse. If it gets 1999 bad for a few seasons - then yes, some shit needs to be re-evaluated - but we're not near that point at all. Cowher had some bad ones, and they didn't pull the trigger.

I do think though, what is unique about this situation - is that they have about a 5 or 6 season window to win another championship or two. Cowher was trying to get by without the luxury of a franchise QB. This team has been loaded with talent - but some of the talent is falling by the wayside (and some of it happening a lot earlier than expected - Mendenhall will go down as a huge bust and Wallace will be nothing more than a flash in the pan)

You really think the Rooney's would give Tomlin 3 failing seasons in a row with this roster?...with a HOF QB? God I hope not. I hope we don't have to find that out.

HUGE difference between Cowher and now...you pointed out the most obvious fact. Also worth mentioning... In Cowher's first 6 years..he won the division 5 X, 3 AFCC appearances, and a SB. What makes it impressive is the situation he took on. VERY different then what Tomlin took over... with the QB situation...I think Cowher earned the right to have a few bad seasons... everyone knew the talent he had wasn't good. Tomlin's situation is completely different. No way has he earned the right to deliver 3 bad seasons in a row... 2011 was a fail... 2012 is not looking good...if we don't win a playoff game this year..and next year..he's gotta be gone.

Frankly I don't see it happening... this is a QB league..and with Ben on the roster and a good defense...it would take some seriously bad coaching to not win with that. Even if this season is a failure..I don't think it happens 3 years in a row.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote