View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Are you ****ing kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I think people are jumping on Tomlin because there's no other scapegoat. Arians is gone and before Ben's injury our offense is fine so you can't really put blame on Haley. The defense is #1 and playing out of their minds even without Troy so no blame there. The offense right now is pretty much the source of our problems but we're missing both starting guards, a starting tackle, starting wide receiver, and of course our starting at backup QBs, so it's pretty much the unit you'd see in the third quarter of preseason week 2 and shouldn't be expected to do anything anyway.

Tomlin makes some questionable in-game decisions but he's still a top 5 coach and it's not even close. His personality and attitude might be more important to this team, especially right now, than his coaching decisions anyway.
Its the same issue that has been plaguing them for 5 years. O line is getting dominated, games won or lost in the trenches. Before I even say this, I would take Haley over BA. But he has the same issues BA had. No O line. Couldn't run and Ben would get clobbered. Now I will be the first to admit Haley's offense was better suited to save the QB. He made adjustments before season started. Running game is still inconsistent. You are correct IMO, BA not here so now Tomlin getting the brunt. I will blame the front office for not being pro active enough as far as drafting or signing offensive lineman. They were very reactive, Pouncey, DD, and Adams is a huge step in right direction. Unfortunately they were a little late to the dance.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote