View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Earth to Steeler Nation - we are 8-3 if Ben doesn't get hurt

This is my first time logging on here since yesterday's admitted debacle, and all it takes is a quick scanning of the threads to see that everyone is reacting with predictable panic and pessimism.

THE ONLY REASON WE LOST THESE TWO GAMES IS BECAUSE BEN WAS INJURED!

And that would happen with any star quarterback in the NFL; if Aaron Rodgers got injured right now the Packers would be in the same or worse shape as we are. Same with Brees and the Saints, and so on and so forth. Look at what happened to the Bears last year when Cutler went down. The vehicle can't work without it's engine.

That being said, we still control our own fate in terms of our playoff destiny and given last Sunday's performance I would have to assume that Ben will play Sunday. The play of our defense the last two games has me very encouraged that we will recover and make a playoff run, hinging entirely on whether or not Ben returns.

To be honest, I don't even want to read any of what is being said. We were a mess Sunday, plain and simple. I expect something very different Sunday with #7 back under center.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LayingTheWoodley56 For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (11-26-2012), harrison'samonster (11-26-2012), JeromeBetties63 (11-26-2012)