View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: Earth to Steeler Nation - we are 8-3 if Ben doesn't get hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
This is my first time logging on here since yesterday's admitted debacle, and all it takes is a quick scanning of the threads to see that everyone is reacting with predictable panic and pessimism.

THE ONLY REASON WE LOST THESE TWO GAMES IS BECAUSE BEN WAS INJURED!

And that would happen with any star quarterback in the NFL; if Aaron Rodgers got injured right now the Packers would be in the same or worse shape as we are. Same with Brees and the Saints, and so on and so forth. Look at what happened to the Bears last year when Cutler went down. The vehicle can't work without it's engine.

That being said, we still control our own fate in terms of our playoff destiny and given last Sunday's performance I would have to assume that Ben will play Sunday. The play of our defense the last two games has me very encouraged that we will recover and make a playoff run, hinging entirely on whether or not Ben returns.

To be honest, I don't even want to read any of what is being said. We were a mess Sunday, plain and simple. I expect something very different Sunday with #7 back under center.
Aside from death and less sex after marriage, nothing in life is 100% certain. But, I do agree that had Ben been under center we would have had a very excellent chance to have won at least one of the last two...and a decent chance that we would have won both. And, I'd rate it as highly unlikely that we would have still lost these games. Still..we're talking about football - so - ya never know!

Last edited by AndyWitmyer; 11-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.
AndyWitmyer is offline   Reply With Quote