Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Playoff probabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
To be fair, Andy, I don't think the "stranger things have happened" statement needs to be said with our team. We WILL have Ben back eventually, along with Brown and Troy. We are beat to death with injuries, one being our entire offensive line and one being our elite, franchise QB, but yet, only lost the past two NORTH games by a grand total of 9 points. That's separated by one LOUSY possession in each game!

Buffalo, N.Y.J and Miami fans should be saying "stranger things have happened" not us.

That said, we can probably only afford to lose one as long as being "comfortable" goes, 2 at the MOST with a little panic involved. I see 9 or 10 wins getting us in.
In that context, yeah - and I agree. But I have this annoying tendency of being something of a cold-hearted realist. You're right, though...with Ben, Brown and Troy back, we'll certainly be in a better spot. But, the way this season's going...I kinda have to wonder who's going to be injured next? And even with those three back, there's no guarantee that the chemistry will pick up where it left off prior to Ben's absence (I felt that it was starting to click). Trust me, though - I want to believe!