Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #55
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Tomlin's another Dave Wannstedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I'm talking about the team seeming to be not mentally prepared to play against lesser teams. Take away 8 turnovers and likely this game was a win, all we needed batch to do in ben's relief was to not lose the game. he didn't do that. Whenever you have this many turnovers, that's just undisciplined football, period, and that's on the coaching.

Could also add the Titans and Raiders game, or the squeaker against KC. Or the 'unleash hell' season where we were supposedly going to run wild on the NFL because we had an 'easy' schedule. I'm less worried when going up against the good teams because it seems like they are good at rising to the challenge in those instances. however, whenever we seem to be large favorites, I'm bracing for a major letdown or loss.
One major reason why we have lost this year is a brand new offense that doesn't produce many points. To date, we play more of a TOP, (keep the ball away from the other team), game and its tough in today's game. Most of the teams with winning records score a lot of points and can do it quickly.

Not making any excuses, but we are also in an adjustment year, that resembles a MASH unit.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote