View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: Earth to Steeler Nation - we are 8-3 if Ben doesn't get hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
Those losses for on the D. Ben played great those games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Do not like to get into what if scenarios. But it is a fact that the Ravens have won all five contests Ben was not in.
I dunno, hypothetical situations can be fun. Given that statistic, it's rather obvious that had it been Ben throwing the ball, I'd say our odds of winning would have improved at least 10 fold. Without Ben...Ravens always win. It's hard to argue that with Ben, we could have won. In fact, we might have won handily.

Flacco played a piss poor game, and their team was definitely not all that impressive - given the shape of our team, they should have decimated us. They didn't. Even with an injured and mostly irrelevant Leftwich, they were still struggling to maintain a lead. So...considering that Flacco was only marginally better than Leftwich, I can only assume that Ben would have stomped all over them.

This has nothing to do with the Ravens being our primary rival, or sour grapes or anything like that - the Steelers certainly haven't been great, but the Ravens haven't really played much better. In fact, the Ravens are probably the worst number one team in the league....sure, their record looks impressive, but they've been walking a fine line between being 8-2, and having a record no better than ours - but hey, a win is a win, and the Ravens are sitting pretty regardless of their quality of play. They are a good team, not great - but I seriously think that they've been more than just a little lucky this year.

Anyway, even though the Ravens are all but certain to make the playoffs, I'm willing to bet that their "impressive record" will be quickly exposed for the sham that they are. One and done.