View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #58
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: Tomlin's another Dave Wannstedt

Having posted some major criticism of Tomlin, and reading the now closed "trade bait" thread I want to balance all of that out. I'm not impressed with Tomlin, and I have doubted his abilities as a head coach since his first offseason when he kept Arians, but I don't for a minute think he's going anywhere soon. If the Rooney's have to step in again, that may change, but it still won't be soon. He has been the HC of a Superbowl win and an appearance, but Charlie Batch was on the same sideline as Tomlin as a QB in both of those games and one more, it doesn't make him great. I don't see Tomlin having the ability to create a win, but if he has the right people around him he will let them create wins, and that can be a huge strength, except that he seems to be weak at recognizing who those people should be. LeBeau was pushed on him, and so was Haley, who has shown flashes of greatness as well as some major Arians moments. But I am a Steelers homer to the bitter end, and I hope Tomlin proves me very wrong.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminpa For This Useful Post:
Terminator (11-26-2012)