Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Lets go CHARGERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
I don't know exactly where the ball should have been spotted, and I don't know exactly where the official first down marker was either. And if you really wanted to step aside from your biases and give it an honest look, you'd realize that you don't know either.

What I do know is that there is at least a half a yard, probably more difference between the unofficial yellow line the TV production crews provide and the unofficial yard marker you can see on the far side of the field. Even if you accept the unofficial yard marker as the official first down, it is hardly clear that Rice didn't make the first down. You are talking what, 30 inches from the 35 yard line? And we are going from Rice's knee until the nose of the ball, how far is that exactly? Yeah. You know for sure, right?

All I am saying is man that was close. I don't know that he got it. What I do know is that - no matter how hard you protest and how much it may hurt your feelings - you don't know that he didn't get it. Got it?
What I do know is that 1 yard = 3 feet and his knee was down before the 35. The final spot was a foot inside the 34. That's 4 feet in front of where his knee was down. I don't see anywhere near 4 ft of extension. Even if he laid out flat before his knee hit. Dude is 5'7 with ball tucked to his chest. It's not possible they spotted it correctly. If you put your bias aside you'd see it a little more clearly.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote