View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Players and coaches gone next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
tunch and wolf noted yesterday during the broadcast that the old james harrison is "back", getting push on his man and when engaged is bending them back rather than getting pushed 2 yards off the ball. he's gained his leverage which means the knee and back are finally back to his standards (considering age of course). he was stuffing trent richardson. 6 weeks ago, richardson woulda got atleast 2-3 yds on those stops for losses.

doesnt mean james will return, but it certainly suggests rumors of his demise were premature.
Yes, I would be hard pressed to let Harrison walk with no apparent replacement on the roster. Worilds played a decent game Sunday, but I can remember several monster efforts by JH in 2004, 2005, 2006 in relief where you could just see a superstar waiting to break out. In fact, he should have been on the field in 2006.

Anyway, this article spells out what may need to happen to sign Wallace. I say, use that money elsewhere, like on another Farrior-type LB to replace Foote, or Ray Seals type DL.

Either way, we could be seeing a much different Steeler defense next year.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08...cap-situation/
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote