Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,311 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Why? WHY the same backups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
even when Batch did come in and mop up and we won in past years, he looked like GARBAGE. I can't agree keeping him on because he's "local". Have him retire and hire him as a sideline coach.
As said above - there were plenty of much better options. We didn't address this at all - now its coming back to bite us - big time.
As mobile as Ben is, and as many defenders he jukes and jives, he's bound to get hurt sometime. He's just asking to get hurt, and hurt bad. To me, it's extremely hard to believe they didn't address this issue.....having a good, very solid backup ready to go.
I think you can make an argument that Charlie was improving a little as the game dragged on. It was up to the running backs to take the pressure off of him so he could get into a rhythm. It was also up to someone from the mash WR group to get separation outside of Sanders. Miller was a better receiver than Wallace in that game. Wallace is 0% dependable in clutch situations - or we need a difference maker. Cotchery has made bigger catches than Wallace has. Wallace has had 1 good game this season. End of story. It isn't all on Charlie. The RB group needs to walk around for a week with the ball in hand.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote