View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562
Default Re: Patriots - running up the score. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsdynasty View Post
I don't think anybody that is a fan of a team that employs James Harrison and Ben Ben Roethlisberger has any business talking about class.

Yes, the Patriots owned the Steelers in the 00's. You guys have won two titles since. Maybe it's time to let it go and get over it.
I think you sometimes need to draw a distinction between the "organization" and the players. Ben and Harrison have had some issues but I think the Rooney family is very well-regarded. Didn't get much attention but I saw an article the other day:

"Along the lines of classy people, Steelers owner Dan Rooney never ceases to impress. Roughly 30 minutes after his team suffered a narrow loss to Baltimore on Sunday night, Rooney stepped into the Ravens' locker room to congratulate and shake hands with Baltimore coach John Harbaugh. "He has done that every single time we have played, win or lose," Harbaugh said. "That's classy. That's what you should write about."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...212235294.html

Teams don't control the behavior of their players.

I do not mean to discredit the Kraft family, I am just pointing out some evidence that contradicts your assertions.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote