Originally Posted by lektrix
Please help me out! I will be visiting Pittsburgh for 3 days from Dec 7-10 for some shopping with the gf. We're going to be driving 4-5 hours south of Toronto. We both love sports so we thought we'd check out a live NFL game for the first time since it's rated one of the top things to do in Pitts. The Chargers will be visiting Pitts on that Sunday afternoon. Being a complete newbie, I have a few questions:
1. From my research, the Chargers are an exciting team yes? Big Ben should be back in 2 weeks right? That means the game should be worth going to right?
2. What is the best place to buy tickets online?? I heard of stubhub.com but have no idea how legit it is. Also I see ticketmaster and ebay but all of them seem expensive.
3. Secondly, what prices should I be looking for? Is $100 for Level 500 seats good or bad?
4. Alternatively, should I go 1 hour early and buy off scalpers instead???
5. Is it recommended to drive there or should I take public transportation???
Thanks so much guys!!!
I can answer your ticket questions.
You can use SH, TM. You will pay service fees of 10-15% on top of ticket prices at these.
Craigslist is risky unless you meet face to face. If you're coming in from out of town, then you're probably not familiar with the city and would want to meet at the stadium.
Ticket sales are illegal around the stadium even under face, unless you are in the designated area. They likely won't bother you, but just be aware.
Public transportation is not great in Pit. If you are staying downtown, then yes. Free subway to the North Shore from there. Really depends on where you're staying. Also, do you want to tailgate or a nice warm bar before the game.
I'm a season ticket holder and drive up from Virginia and I'm probably going to this game. If I do not attend you can have my tickets for cost. PM me this weekend and I'll let you know.
$100/ticket is not bad in Pittsburgh. Tickets usually go for double face value and face is around $77-$110 for non club seats. Club seats are $200 + face. December games are less due to the weather usually.