Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Mendenhall demoted … Wallace close, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Mendenhall demoted … Wallace close, too

November 27th, 2012
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

The depth chart that’s released by the Steelers every Tuesday is just a formality — nothing ever changes.

Well, except when your top running back fumbled twice the four times he touched the ball and your speedy receiver catches one pass and has some poor body language.

When the Steelers released its depth chart for Sunday’s game against Ravens, Rashard Mendenhall was demoted from first-team running back to third string. Jonathan Dwyer is now listed as the starter. Isaac Redman remained as the No. 2.

Also, Mike Wallace was always listed as the starting receiver along with Antonio Brown. Now, the depth chart reads Mike Wallace OR Emmanuel Sanders as the starter.

Obviously, the Steelers and Mike Tomlin is not very happy with either guy.

This very well could be a ploy by Tomlin to motivate the two players. It would’ve been just as easy to not change the official depth chart and go about your plan to not play Mendenhall or Wallace. But for the Steelers to make it official in one of their weekly releases tell me motivation might be a reason why.

However and ironically, both are in the final year of their rookie deals.

I guess we can assume that the either Mendenhall and Wallace won’t be on the top of the Steelers free agent list in March if they don’t respond like the Steelers are hoping they do.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...ace-close-too/
Yea and you know what - Sanders will be back, not Wallace. Mark it down. Wallace never helps us out in the thick of things - he'll continue to decline. Wallace doesnt have the character to rise to the occasion.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote