View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067
Default Re: Mendenhall demoted Wallace close, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
kaboly is making too much out of the wallace deal and clearly began writing this article before he finished hearing tomlin out at the presser.

wallace was clearly (and understandably per tomlins words) upset with his game sunday and especially because there was a noodle armed qb who was physically incapable of getting him the ball deep when he clearly had his man beat.

tomlin all but said if batch plays, those plays will be stricken from the gameplan.

this was the stretch of the season, where haley had planned to really unleash ben and wallace and take the league by storm with offensive explosion.

bens injury + byrons + injury + charlies peckerstroker = screwed up the whole gameplan.

when ben plays, wallace will be starter.
But all that doesn't explain why wallace has played this way since the middle of last season. It's not just his lack of effort, I honestly don't think he has the ability to be an elite receiver in the league. He can't catch with his hands, he uses his body too much, he has never attacked the ball well, and hes a mediocre route runner. I'd rather have Sanders any day.