View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,145 Times in 475 Posts
Default Re: Need help. Questions about Chargers/Steelers game on Dec 9..

Quote:
1. From my research, the Chargers are an exciting team yes? Big Ben should be back in 2 weeks right? That means the game should be worth going to right?
First off, welcome! Second off, no, the Chargers are NOT an exciting team but the storyline for that game is big! Not only is it a big game for the Steelers playoff hopes (pretty HUGE) but the QB of the Chargers, Phillip Rivers, was drafted AHEAD of Roethlisberger in the 2004 NFL Draft so that's juicy as well. Third off, you picked the right city to enjoy a football game! Like I said, big game so Heinz Field's atmosphere should be ROCKIN!

Quote:
2. What is the best place to buy tickets online?? I heard of stubhub.com but have no idea how legit it is. Also I see ticketmaster and ebay but all of them seem expensive.
I wouldn't put my trust into ebay AT ALL. Although stubhub AND ticketmaster are great solutions. I use this site HERE: http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...elers-tickets/ for my tickets, reasonable price's but expect to pay a good price for the Steelers!

Quote:
3. Secondly, what prices should I be looking for? Is $100 for Level 500 seats good or bad?
I'd pay around $150 for 500 sections and $100 for those seats are an AWESOME price! I've sat EVERYWHERE in Heinz Field and prefer the 500 sections because the best fans are up there AND you see a perfect view of the field and the city landscape.

Quote:
4. Alternatively, should I go 1 hour early and buy off scalpers instead???
NO.

Quote:
5. Is it recommended to drive there or should I take public transportation???
If you aren't familiar with the area, it would be tough to describe transportation in Pittsburgh. Downtown is terrible since it's a "ONE WAY STREET" city so if I were you, I'd look into public transportation, they'd get you there in no-time & I'm sure residents that reside there would be willing to help out!
lektrix (11-27-2012)