View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Mendenhall demoted Wallace close, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
We're not using Wallace properly, and as big a fan as I am of Mikey, I don't think he has a place in this offense anymore. If we're not going to let him go deep and make a play on the ball then he needs to go somewhere else where he'll be used properly. If we need underneath receivers and value tight ends, then we need to grab someone like Woods in the draft to replace him. As much as I hate to say it, I doubt he comes back to the Steelers next year and it won't be because we won't match the money another team will.

Well, we have thrown deep (or even semi-deep) to Wallace a number of times this year, but the fact is we haven't connected on them like we usually have done.
Chalk that up to either Wallace not doing a stellar effort on the route and also he's been both underthrown and overthrown a few times as well - certainly more than normal.

I've actually wondered both if he's not a great fit-in anymore or if the team is actually not looking his way as much as they have in the past (a passive form of "punishment"??) when they could have.
Whatever it is - you're right - he most certainly won't be back next year but it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I have a hunch he could end up with one of the California teams.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote