View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Glory View Post
SO... here we go. We'll see how it turns out. I put about 30 minutes into this lol

1. Chase Thomas, 6-4, 248 lbs, OLB, Stanford
Has 12 tfl, 3 sacks and an interception this season. Thomas is excellent all-around defender and the Steelers can develop his pass rushing ability. OLB depth is huge need as Harrison and Woodley cannot stay healthy. Worilds has looked good in limited time but another starting caliber backup needs groomed. Thomas is steadily rising.

2. Shawn Williams, 6-1, 217 lbs, SS, Georgia
Everyone has been talking about his teammate Baccari Rambo, but I feel much higher on Williams even though he hasn't produced as many splash plays. Strong Safety is higher priority because Polamalu also cannot stay healthy and needs a much better backup than Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. Williams was made a team captain his junior season after starting only 3 games... When Rambo had 8 picks last season, Williams had 4 as well even though injury forced him to play ILB. Plus Tomlin likes versatility.

3. Kevin Reddick, 6-2, 240lbs, ILB, North Carolina
Has started to turn it on. He has 74 tackles on the season with 14 being tackles for a loss. He also has 5.5 sacks and 6 pass break ups. Reddick leads the team in tackles and has been a consistent contributor with good speed. While Sean Spence flashed in the preseason, Sylvester hasn't panned out and his biggest contributions have been penalties on special teams. Reddick will challenge for starting time and provide excellent depth.

4. Corey Fuller, 6-2, 196 lbs, WR, Virginia Tech
Fuller a former track athlete for Kansas transferred to Virginia Tech in 2010 to walk on for football. After making only 2 catches his junior year last year, this year he has started to really emerge. While Marcus Davis was touted as the WR prospect to watch, Fuller's recent game against Florida State has opened some eyes. He has 36 catches for 671 yards and 5 TDs for an 18 yard average. Davis meanwhile has been dropping passes. Not a good thing if you want to be paid to catch them.

5. Zac Dysert, 6-3, 228 lbs, QB, Miami of Ohio
Quarterback depth is a must and these past games have proven it. All Dysert did was go on to break most of the QB records by the last stud QB from Miami of Ohio, a guy named Benjamin Roethlisberger. Can develop into a solid number 2, so that when Big Ben goes down again, the Steelers have someone they can trust and can manage the game in the waiting.

6. Montel Harris, 5-9, 202 lbs, RB, Temple
Was a workhorse for Boston College before being dismissed due to injuries. He thought about entering the supplemental draft but decided to come back and play for a final season. He's averaging over 5 yards a carry and well above his average before the knee injury. Before the knee injury he at BC had multiple 1000+ yard seasons. This year he has 186 carries for 1054 yards and 12 TDs. Very respectible numbers, especially coming back from a knee injury. Adrian Peterson is defying all odds as a running back coming back from a knee injury. Harris can be solid if he truly has recovered.

7. I'll add here later... haha

No way I touch Chase Thomas in the 1st ... that's a major reach ...

I like Shawn Williams...not better then Rambo though lol (my favorite player in the draft)

I like Reddick , only problem is being able to shed blocks on the inside of a 3-4

No receiver please

No way Zac last until round 5 in this week QB class ... if he does this is a steal and I'm all for it
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (11-28-2012)