Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,134 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: "FIRE THE TRAINING STAFF!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i don't disagree with the article at all - i'm a trainer myself - i don't need to educate myself - and the "will" of the individual/player is key. The only thing i WILL say...is that all trainers are not created equal. The conditioning job is to not only 'condition' but to do the best to prevent injury as well.
Are they doing our team justice? How are they in comparison with the rest of the team's trainers in the league? Can we do and hire better? Are they working with each and every player at a better-than-satisfactory level?
These are questions that we can only guess or very loosely debate since we're not in the facility. Can trainers prevent injuries? No. But the amount of them (and this goes back through all of last year too) here definitely makes one wonder, though.
i'm no expert - but - it is maddening. Something has to be looked at. Fault doesn't fix the problem - but it still needs to at least be addressed. The best part of this piece is about the will of the player. These guys aren't the smartest in the world - it wouldn't shock me to find out that it has equally, if not more to do with the player's willingness to understand and commit.

Gilbert, Gilbert, Gilbert

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote