View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,691 Times in 4,773 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Why wouldn't we take a shot at him? I mean, he was an absolute stud in college. Give him an offseason to learn the book and have him compete for the ILB job. I don't understand this fanbase and our need to sign squeaky clean players - why? If guys are good enough and have truly moved on from their mistakes and have the will and ability to learn and adapt with a new team, why wouldn't we sign a player? Plus, he played for Oakland - the black hole of shit for players but when they come out, they have the chance to play well.

I say we give him a shot and let him, Spence and a draft pick compete for the job. He did play at 'Bama and showed some serious potential while there - there's no reason for us not to bring him in. It's not like the veterans of that locker room would tolerate him if he went back to his old bullshit habits and work ethic.

We're too hard on guys.

edit - Give a 7th rounder for him and see what he can do under a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing and veteran leadership under guys like Timmons and Woodley. I'm tellin' ya, I don't think he's a huge bust. I think the Steelers could turn him into something.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
cbrunn (11-28-2012), MDSteel15 (11-29-2012)