PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,116 Times in 534 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
What do you mean? I definitely think it's low risk, high reward with him. If he has attitude problems and poor work ethic, it'll be brought to light quickly and it'll make for a quick cut. However, if he's willing to work and play for this defense and lives up to his potential, then we just found our ILB and can save a draft pick fixing the position.

I'm actually curious to know what you mean by saying he might not be worth it. I swear I'm not being a dick even though I know that's how it's coming across.
I mean, the guy sounds like a everything we complain about with our own team. Not that the Raiders are a great program but he feels "too good" for his team and gave up on them before even finishing his third season in the league, that's not something I like to see in a player, especially one when it's coming from someone who's done nothing to earn ANY sense of entitlement. He's had trouble with the law and while I can't say for sure, he definitely doesn't come across as someone who works hard or leaves it all on the field, considering he's hardly played up to his draft status.

Everyone's always complaining about Wallace being lazy and giving no effort, or Santonio (or Antonio) being a diva, or Dwyer or Woodley not coming into camp in shape. I don't see why taking all of those bad traits I see complaints about and wrapping them all up into one player who's done next to nothing at the NFL level would make that person someone we should have on this team. If we traded a Super Bowl MVP and are about to let another really talented player who has proven himself go for thinking too much of himself and not giving enough effort, why should we sign this guy?
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote