View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #29
jrompola
Water Boy

Member Number: 18963
Default Re: Need help. Questions about Chargers/Steelers game on Dec 9..

I've been to 1 other Steelers game and I'm going to the Chargers game as well. Bringing my wife this time...so I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't care. I'm dragging her to the game early no matter if its cold or raining/snowing.

Bit of advice. I booked my hotel on expedia.com and did the "hidden" hotel. I got the Wyndham Grand which is like 1/2 mile from Heinz field(walkable) for $80/night. Regular price was $230/night. Just throwing that out there for anyone looking for a hotel.

Back to parking. I've heard there is cheaper parking across the bridge. My 1st game I parked near Heinz field for like $30 I think. The walk wasn't too bad.

Make sure you get there early, so you can walk around Heinz field and look at the Lombardi's and the hall of fame.

I'd suggest taking a walk at the farmers market type thing which is like South Street in Philly, but loaded with amazing food and Steelers stuff all over.

You want to go up to Mt. Washington and take some pictures and look at Heinz field/PNC Park and all the amazing views. You can take the trolly up or you can easily find parking.

My Wife who's been to Pittsburgh before, but never to an NFL game said this, "I've never seen so many people in NFL gear". This was in June or July. We live near Philly, so the fans hear are crazy, but its totally different in Pittsburgh.
jrompola is offline   Reply With Quote