View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #56
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,344 Times in 4,368 Posts
Default Re: How to replace Mendenhall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Who? You make it seem like he is irreplacable? This guy is not that good, and not a great RB by any stretch.
An intellectual? So thats what an intellectual looks and acts like these days? lo

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

I think Wallace is going to step it up.
I'm not saying he's irreplaceable, but we don't have another running back on the roster that's better than Mendenhall. Dwyer isn't a franchise running back - not even close. If a team decides to clog the middle of the line, he can't bounce it outside and make something-outta-nothing the way Mendenhall can. He's not fast or explosive and needs constant replacement because he's not in great shape. He's a one-dimensional back that can only run straight ahead and if it's not there, then it's a gain of 1 and start over. This became apparent in the first three games of the season and crept up again against the Ravens.

I'm not saying that Mendenhall is a franchise running back, but neither is Dwyer. We have to draft one this year to make this offense less one-dimensional. There's a reason why the kid was a 6th round pick - he's just not that great.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote