Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,450 Times in 1,639 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: "FIRE THE TRAINING STAFF!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
No, because the Steelers and their list of injuries to critical players over the last 3 seasons paints a clear and repetitive pattern.

If it was just this year this was happening, your arguments would have some merit. The Packers had a bad year in 2010 with injuries, but have not since then. The Eagles have less injuries to critical players right now and they are a shambles.

No, it's not a stretch at all. Other teams have ben NEARLY as decimated with injuries, but not for 3 or 4 seasons in a row. If it happens, once, you can chalk it up to coincidence, or lazy players or whatever. When it becomes a systemic and repetitive problem, a pattern has been established.

The team, coaches, and staff get paid to win championships. If the same obstacle keeps coming up year after year to derail that endeavor, you can place balme where you want to-- but the fact remains, something is wrong with their conditioning that is causing them to keep getting injured. THAT is some simple, straightforward deductive reasoning.

Nope-- you posted a bunch of quotes from the training staff, blaming it on the players' laziness. Hmmm...what would be their incentive to blame the problem on the players, rather than their training program?

* Too many breaks and days off for veterans.
* Too soft a training camp (Tomlin's camps are well-known for this)
* Allowing the players to freelance during the offseason as far as their training programs (or lack thereof)
* Not doing the right types of excercises and stretches
* Skipping pre-game warmups

Just for starters.....
Steelers Nation demands a tribunal! lol. It is maddening - and while I don't have the inside source to understand what actually takes place - I just know that if the injuries keep piling up this season, and into next - I don't think it is a simple as an article stating all the possibilities. There needs to be an investigation if it continues and some consultation from outside sources.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote