View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Mock with Wallace 3rd round Comp. Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
How can you possibly make that assumption? They haven't even been given the chance to blow the top off because we have Wallace doing that for us. I'm also under the assumption that Wallace is coming back until either he's a) gone or b) we've been told differently. If we're sitting on the clock and someone like Mosley or Jordan is on the board and we take a WR to replace Wallace, I'm going to be pissed.

Also, yes, WR's are a dime a dozen. Great ones aren't, but one doesn't need to be polished to come into this offense and be great. Take one in the mid rounds if Wallace does go, but we have much more pressing needs than WR. OLB and Safety need to be addressed - and CB is Keenan decides to leave.
Of course you can always find any player in the middle of the rounds that are good... but less likely ... you can find players anywhere... look at Harrison and Clark were both UFA

the point of being a deep deep defensive draft class is that you can get somebody in the 2nd or 3rd in the same class as the late first rounders

if you look at somebody like Gerald Hodges in the 3rd ... he's a beast ... better in coverage then Mosley or Jordan ... and Hodges is a tackling machine ... and he's also a good blitzer ... and played for a very good defense in Penn State also nicknames LB U

Also if you talking the 6-6 Dion Jordan from Oregon ... that's not the Steelers style ... they don't draft the Tall guys, he's way to tall to play OLB in their Scheme, at least from past players ... i don't remember anybody being that tall

Just like Phillip Thomas in the 4th ... he's just as good as those 1st-2nd round safeties

Hunter is 6'4 runs a 4.4 and can jump out the gym ...

I also agree there are more pressing needs... but just the deepness of the draft at them other positions, makes it easier to take somebody else

I also think Wallace will be back ... this was just for fun and discussion

oh yeah and Lewis will be back too, no ifs and or buts ... unless he follows Wallace somewhere as they grew up together
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote