View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:16 AM   #70
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,911 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default Re: How to replace Mendenhall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

Steelers notebook: Haley: Dwyer needs to prove himself as a starter

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley suggests fumbles weren’t the only reason Jonathan Dwyer couldn’t secure the starting running back’s job until now. When he carries a couple of plays in a row, Dwyer sometimes signals for a replacement.

“Jonathan’s got to show he can take the bulk of the carries without needing a break or taking a few plays off on the sideline,” Haley said. “That will kind of be what defines Jonathan as his career moves forward. He’s getting a great opportunity. We’ve been excited about some of the things he’s done, and hopefully he goes in and takes this role seriously and won’t let us take him off the field.”

maybe coach haley just needs to watch the game on the couch next to you so he can gain more perspective.

will you do us all a favor and loan coach haley all your coaching tapes and play by play grades, so haley can see that dwyer is "just fine" because me and coach haley clearly recall the O-line blocking just fine after a 20 yard run and dwyer tapping out and sending in the now jobless baron freaking batch, as soon as we were gaining steam on a drive?