View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default Q&A: Ricardo Colclough.....

When the Pittsburgh Steelers traded up in the second round three years ago to select cornerback Ricardo Colclough from Tusculum College, many fans had to get out a map to find out where Tusculum was.

After two seasons, they might have to check missing persons to find out where Colclough is.

Going into his third season, Colclough hasn?t progressed as quickly as the Steelers would like. Last year, they used another second-round pick to bring in Bryant McFadden. And by the end of the season, McFadden had surpassed Colclough on the depth chart.

As if that wasn?t bad enough, the Steelers then went out and re-signed Deshea Townsend, meaning Colclough is currently No. 4 on the team?s depth chart at cornerback. And the Steelers also added return men Santonio Holmes and Willie Reid in the draft, meaning his job as a punt and kickoff returner could also be in jeopardy.

We caught up with Colclough recently to check his state of mind:

SCI: Have things gone the way you had planned here?

RC: No. I?ve tried to make the most of my opportunities, but when you?re not always out there for a number of plays at a time, it can be tough. I feel like I?m progressing though. I?m just out here working hard and, hopefully, everything will fall into place.

SCI: But have you made the progression from a small school to the NFL as well as you?d like?

RC: I think so. I don?t feel overmatched out there or anything like that. I know I can play in this league.

SCI: It seems like you were in position to make a lot of plays last year, but for whatever reason, you didn?t make them.

RC: That?s why were out here now. I?ve looked at everything on film from last year and I was in position to make plays, but you?re right, I didn?t always make them. Hopefully I can change that.

SCI: At least they didn?t bring in another cornerback like they did last year, drafting Bryant.

RC: Yeah, I think the team has confidence in me. I have confidence and I know I can play this game.

SCI: They did bring in some return guys in the draft. That was your job back there. Are you going to have to do something special back there in the preseason to keep it?

RC: I guess so. Maybe I need to bust one. I don?t know. I just want to do whatever they ask me to do to help this team win.

By: Dale Lolley
Courtesy of the Observer-Reporter
Date: May 30, 2006

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote