View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049
Default Re: Game Notes From Against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Disgaree that Dwyer is not ready for prime time or any like that. Baltimore knew we HAD to run the ball. We played a 3rd string, 38 yr old QB, No one, including many on this board, thought Chuck had that game in him. They loaded up against the run, over pursued several times, and stuffed 8 in the box most of the night. Dwyer is not Jerome Bettis but last night is not a good game to say bad things about him. It's just not a good example. Some of the other things are true, him laying down drives me nuts, but he is a power back that CUT BACK last night for a nice, long TD run. The holes weren't there and he had to play his hand. Overall, good game for him but I wouldn't deactivate Mendenhall. That seems silly, considering the backups to Dwyer and Redman is Chris Rainey. That's over board on Tomlin's part, IMO.
Yes, the Ravens were stacking the box all night. Yet we still rushed for just shy of 100 yds and got six first downs on rushes. The "lay down" was a reaction to not wanted to give up an even bigger loss or lose the football. It wasn't great but I can't really criticize it that much. Really, both Dwyer and Redman run hard and fight for yards. Dwyer only has 114 carries, we haven't even seen enough yet to know what he can do. Stand behind the guys!
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote