Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #27
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Game Notes From Against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I despise this nitpicking. You guys do realize that there were some pretty darn good players on the other side of the ball? No line opens a gaping hole every play. Even Jim Brown got tackled behind the line of scrimmage sometimes. Etc, etc. Of course, if a player is consistently below standard fans can point it out and complain. But busting on Dwyer and the O line after that game is...well, ignorant.
They did load the box last night. Mendy would have hit the edge better, but overall I bet it would be a wash. Bmore was determined to stop the run. Anyone would have had trouble.

Mendy is a #1 pick and doesn't look like it. Still not sure though he isn't their best back. My biggest beef with mendy is he gets his yards in chunks. If its third and short, I never have a lot of confidence. But he can take it all the way. Redman and Dwyer always seem to fall forward. Mendy stands up so tall when he runs, if you lay a hand on him, it's not hard to bring him down. Regardless of what happened with the browns and the SB against green bay, mendy always worried me with the way he carries the ball. I wouldn't say he has a fumbling problem, but he does not protect the ball well.

Dwyer has bummed me out a bit. Diving, taking himself out etc. not sure what the real issue is there but if he is going to be our #1 guy he still has a way to go. Not saying he can't do it but...
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote