View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #28
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Game Notes From Against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
They did load the box last night. Mendy would have hit the edge better, but overall I bet it would be a wash. Bmore was determined to stop the run. Anyone would have had trouble.

Mendy is a #1 pick and doesn't look like it. Still not sure though he isn't their best back. My biggest beef with mendy is he gets his yards in chunks. If its third and short, I never have a lot of confidence. But he can take it all the way. Redman and Dwyer always seem to fall forward. Mendy stands up so tall when he runs, if you lay a hand on him, it's not hard to bring him down. Regardless of what happened with the browns and the SB against green bay, mendy always worried me with the way he carries the ball. I wouldn't say he has a fumbling problem, but he does not protect the ball well.

Dwyer has bummed me out a bit. Diving, taking himself out etc. not sure what the real issue is there but if he is going to be our #1 guy he still has a way to go. Not saying he can't do it but...
When the game was over I thought to myself both Dwyer and Redman played well. I looked at the stats and saw Dwyers numbers and would never have believed they were that poor. Stats don't tell the whole story. The lay down was more about not losing more yardage with spin move than to avoid contact IMO. The lay down 2 weeks ago did piss me off but this one not so much. I really believe Dwyer has more upsdide than Mendy at this point. And he shouldn't demand nearly as much cash. I am not saying he is the answer for 5 years but he can do a solid job. He has good feet , he needs mental toughness and to get into better physical shape.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote