View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,950 Times in 8,704 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Free Agents for next season!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think if they address Safety in round 2 by grabbing a guy like Jefferson or Lester, our problems are solved in the short term. But, this means drafting another safety high up in the 2014 draft, too. One draft isn't going to fix our situation with Clark and Polamalu. If we're serious about drafting their "replacements" (using that word kind of fast and loose here) our draft has to look something like this:

RD 2 - TJ Jefferson
RD 3 - Baccari Rambo / Robert Lester
I hear you, and wouldn't mind that... but, I see this:

R1 - NT
Casey is getting older (& fatter). McClendon seems decent. And, Ta'amu... well... who knows what will happen with Ta'amu. (John Jenkins seems like a possibility... or, if he is gone by 32, Jesse Williams).

R2 - S
Some safety (my hope would be Elam).

Those two rounds are pretty solid in my mind. Then, in R3 & R4, it gets a little tricky.

R3 - ILB or OLB
Depth, youth, competition. Harrison is aging fast; Woodley can't stay healthy; Worilds seems decent... and that's it. Timmons is a rock, Spence showed promise, and Foote is old. I see both positions being strengthened. (Shayne Skov would be my choice.)

R4 - OLB or ILB
See round 3. (Nico Johnson)

A SECOND SAFETY in R3 or R4
I see your point, but I think that they will go with Troy for at least one more season, and thus, Yes, safety would need to be addressed again in the 2014 draft. Then again, either of the LB positions "could" be used on a second safety. Make sense?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote