harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,611 Times in 3,921 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Plaxico Burress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
I have been a Steeler Fan for many years...We stayed on top by replacing older vets with younger upcoming players. It was the norm, it happened time after time with great players who sometimes were not yet declining but soon would.

At one time the team was in the same situation it is now with receivers, who to sign, how much and how long...Plax or Hines Ward. Then it became clear, Plax was lazy and gave half efforts in times of need.

35 is just a number, could be 32, 36, 37 depending on the player and position. Batch is a QB, Quarterbacks play longer.

Plax could not hold Harrisons jockstrap as a player. Harrison gives 100% every play. without the high cap number, James is back without a doubt.

My whole issue with Burress is that we signed a thug. If the Bengals would have signed him, everybody on this board would have berated them for it. So now we will have to live with that as an organization. If he becomes a force, maybe it was worth it. If he does not, We still signed a player that will be associated with us for years to come.
got to give you that one. I was pretty disappointed with him when that happened as well. And you're right, we were correct to lose him earlier in his career. I have no problem having him here as a back-up though, especially because he has height that none of our other receivers have, could come in useful.