View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #885
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288
Default Re: Week 14 Gameday Thread: Steelers vs. Chargers - 2012-12-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
This is why I question Tomlin at times. According to our record, every game we play including this one, are the Steelers' Superbowl and playoffs as well. We can't afford to take games off. We did that 3 times already this year.

Why we can't seem to step up and beat the teams that we should beat points to the coaching.
I think that this is a product of being the Steelers. What do the Steelers represent? Winning, consistency, Super Bowls, years of excellence. And that is why to beat the Steelers represents a season defining victory to teams like SD. Well, maybe not season defining but you get my point.

It is like being Kentucky in college basketball, being the Lakers or Celtics in the NBA or Alabama in college football. If teams beat PIT, they can point to it as a quality win whether or not PIT is any good.

For the next couple days, SD is going to feel like they are the toast of the NFL. ESPN is going to show their highlights over and over. That is what beating PIT gets them. They wouldnt get that from beating any other 7-5 team in the league no matter who it is.

Tomlin has to know this and has to have his team prepared to play with a bullseye on it back every game.

But the standard is the standard so...well.....whatever that means okay.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote