Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,964 Times in 8,708 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Colon done for season!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking that DD is a rookie, and he was 100% focused on RG during the preseason. And in fact, he had won the starting position there - frankly, he was the best looking offensive lineman in the preseason. So that gives him the best chance at success. Meanwhile, as a depth player, Foster has position flexibility.

I'm looking at this lineup, and I see only two players that are part of our future above-the-line OL at their natural positions. Starks and Foster are proven depth players, and Beachum's upside is unknown at this point. OL continues to be our biggest problem, although we've made some strides. But OT is still a big hole, with Gilbert regressing, Adams struggling and Beachum unproven. Amazingly, Starks is still the best we've got, and that's at-the-line journeyman-level.
I've always felt that Starks was underappreciated and/or undervalued. He has been a solid LT.

Q: How many years doe she have left? And, will he even be brought back? I hope that Gilbert, Beachum, and/or Adams pan out as the LT & RT.

I was hoping to get a few years out of The Colon, but it appears that LG might become a draft priority. Ugh.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote