Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,835 Times in 2,697 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Steelers suspended Mendenhall bec after they told him he wd not dress vs. Chargers, he did not show up at Heinz Field, source says.

Would explain it.
Prior to the announcement of the suspension Ed.B. had indicated earlier today Mendenhall was having issues

Ed, has the coaching staff completely forgotten Mendenhall's career stats and performance against Philly earlier this year? He's by far their most talented back with big-play ability. Can't say that about the other guys...

Ed Bouchette: He hasn't shown it much, and they don't believe his head is in the right place

What is the deal with Mendenhall's "head being in the right place?" Is it just an effort/interest thing or is there more at play, like an anxiety disorder, for example?

Ed Bouchette: I can't tell you exactly, just what I was told.

Meanwhile the agent spins away

Mike McCartney, Mendenhall's agent, said the player will serve his suspension and then return to them next Monday in good spirits.

The suspension will cost Mendenhall $41,176, which is one week's (1/17th) worth of his $700,000 salary.

"What's happened, happened," McCartney told the Post-Gazette. "When I spoke to Rashard, I know he is very excited next Monday to rejoin his teammates. He's going to come back with great energy to do everything he can to help the Pittsburgh Steelers win football games."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...e-game-665918/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote