View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049
Default Re: Three Areas of Concern, and the X-Factor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I totally get what you are saying. We are a 6th seed, and still have a good chance of making the playoffs. I think the real source of the arguments of "so what, we're a 6th seed, whoop-de-doo, this team isn't capable of doing anything with it" is that there are a lot of issues staring this team in the face, and it isn't just Xs and Os - the lack of desire and the Brett Keisel quotes cannot be understated IMO. The season comes down to the next 3 games, and basically, I just think it is frustrating as hell to have to wish and hope based off of what the XL squad did, as well as what others (Packers, Giants), and I emphasize this, have done in the past. What has happened, has no bearing on what could happen. It is really hard envisioning this version being capable of changing their hearts/mindset, thus - we have to HOPE they pull something out - and that at this rate, it really would be against all odds. There is a tall, tall mountain to climb, and for the realists (including myself) that doesn't bring us any comfort.
I hear you. My hope lies in the fact that there have been some flashes of what the offense could be. Lebeau can come up with a game plan for any team in an elimination game that will keep us in it. I still think we have a shot to gel and make a run. Until they tell me were out....I choose to be a Steeler Fanatic and believe!
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote