steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,363 Posts
Default Re: Shots Fired: Steelers vs Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
The difference between the two is that Ben has contributed to the franchise, and elevated the teams status and credentials in the league. Romo is a liability to his team. For all the hype around this guy, he's never done a thing. He couldn't even manage to hold a ball for his kicker without screwing it up and costing them the game.
I really can't stand any of the hype around Romo because he hasn't done shit in terms of huge wins - 1 playoff victory to show for his career there.

That said, a lot might agree with me that Romo was put into a "Carson Palmer scenario" - meaning, crappy ass ownership and supporting cast that you could never count on with piss poor attitude (or was getting arrested left and right). There is a rotating door at HC and no real time to gain any sort of chemistry. Him and the TE are close - but that's about all he's had. I think if you put Romo in a better org he might have a few more notches on his belt. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan - but, think about it - Romo on the Ravens the past 5 seasons instead of Flacco?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote