IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,795 Times in 843 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Mendenhall suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
I don't think mendy was ever given a fair chance. It sounds to me like narrow minded Steelers fans don't like him cause he has an opinion that is not part of the majority. I bet IF HE CHOSES to sign elsewhere, he is a top back. Rashard don't seem to be the person that wants to be part of the NFL scene cause he knows there is way more politics/business involved that takes the fun out of the game. Rashard has too much self respect for this league.
His "opinion" on 9/11 was inflammatory and conspiracy theorist in nature. He put his opinion on Twitter a social media site out for the world to read. It was stupid to put it on there in the first place. He knows fully well that everyone was going to read it and what the backlash would be from people in general, the fans, and the media for that matter. Those kinds of opinions are best kept to yourself, especially when you're a professional football player in the public eye.

As for his performance he has done absolutely nothing to inspire confidence. He is injury prone, and the past couple of seasons even when he has played he has been inconsistent. He killed a good drive in the Super Bowl against the Packers with his fumbling issues as well. He has had fumbling issues off an on throughout his playing career.

This year he's had his chances to take the reigns at the HB position and he once again got hurt. Even when he did play he was incredibly inconsistent, hesitant, and his fumbling problems reared their ugly head once again. To top it off he was listed inactive for the Chargers game and decided that was an excuse to just not show up and support his team. Players like Polamalu, or Roethlisberger set an example and lead from the sidelines when they are hurt. Mendenhall would rather shun his teammates and the fans by staying at home. He was suspended for a reason. He's been given a fair shake far too many times and it's high time they booted his sorry ass to the curb.

Your own sig says "Screw Wallace, throw it to Heath". Wallace sadly has been a more consistent player for us than Mendenhall.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote