SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,588 Posts
Default Re: Steelers defense about to set franchise record

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
Throughout JR. High, JV and varsity football, I never dropped another pass. Now if a 12 year old, no talent kid at a small single A school can have this resolve. Why can't these world class professional athletes like Ike or Mike Wallace simply catch the ball. It's the easiest part of their game.
JV and high school quarterbacks =/= NFL talent quarterbacks in terms of how hard they're throwing that ball. They're corners because they're fast and agile, but also have the knack for dropping the ball. If they had the talent to catch, they'd be WRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan299 View Post
Our defense is pretty overated, our defensive line isn't that good, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley have combined for only 8 sacks, and part of our secondary struggled without Troy Polamalu.

However I am impressed with Lawrence Timmons this year and Keenan Lewis is doing a little better then i thought he would.
You realize our secondary was ranked first in terms of pass yardage allowed, right? All without Polamalu. Also, regarding Woodley only having a limited amount of sacks - there's two reasons for this. One, early in the year he was getting triple-teamed because Harrison couldn't generate any pressure on the right side. I'd like to see any OLB fight through a triple team and get consistent pressure and/or sacks. Secondly, he's been hurt on-and-off for the majority of the year.

I'm not even going to comment on the overrated defense because it's a ridiculous thing to say.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote