Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #172
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,129 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I don't think all of the defense's issues are on Dick LeBeau, but maybe it's time for a change. Over the last two seasons this defense has just gotten stale. It looks good stat-wise, but it doesn't get pressure on the QB and doesn't generate turnovers at the rate it used to. I also can't stand the fact that this defense is considered "too complex" for rookies or even second year players? If you need a PhD to play football, something is wrong. There are rookies on other teams that come into the league and make an impact with defenses that are probably much less complex.
Why is it that when the defense sucks it ISN'T about LeBeau but when the offense sucked in the past it was ALWAYS about Arians?

You can't have it both ways. If the OC is going to get reamed for a bad offense, the the DC has to assume the position when HIS squad mails it in.

Funny thing is that I can't think of one particular year under Arians when our offense seemed as rudderless as this year's offense and all I've heard for years is how he sucked and blah, blah, blah. Yet he's 9-5 with a team full of rookies and we're 7-7 with a stable of pro-bowlers and the guy who was supposed to be our savior because he WASN'T Arians..

Gee, I wonder if getting rid of BA was such a great idea after all...

Nah! Haley's MUCH better.