View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #173
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Why is it that when the defense sucks it ISN'T about LeBeau but when the offense sucked in the past it was ALWAYS about Arians?

You can't have it both ways. If the OC is going to get reamed for a bad offense, the the DC has to assume the position when HIS squad mails it in.

Funny thing is that I can't think of one particular year under Arians when our offense seemed as rudderless as this year's offense and all I've heard for years is how he sucked and blah, blah, blah. Yet he's 9-5 with a team full of rookies and we're 7-7 with a stable of pro-bowlers and the guy who was supposed to be our savior because he WASN'T Arians..

Gee, I wonder if getting rid of BA was such a great idea after all...

Nah! Haley's MUCH better.
I don't think LeBeau is to blame for the fact the front office has kept some guys too long. Much like I don't think Arians is to blame because the front office failed to get quality offensive linemen. I do blame him for all of those fourth-quarter let downs that have happened since the second half of Super Bowl 43 as the defense kept making the same mistakes. It was only up until this year he figured out how to do things without Polamalu.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote