Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Both Scenarios - Making and Missing the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're right, we can't draft a mid round guy and fix our pass rush but getting Jordan out of Oregon fixes it.

They haven't been given the same opportunity. The Giants and Packers don't play their WRs on underneath routes - they both run vertical offenses and play to the skill of their WRs, not make their receivers adjust to a given gameplan. I think that's where Haley's offense falls apart - adjust to talent, not the other way around.
They can't catch anything so I think the type of routes are insignificant. Outside of Nate Washington catching a huge one on occasion - what type of routes do you think the last SB squad ran? They ran routes a helluva lot of the bunch formation and improv once the play broke down. I don't remember too many vertical game plans until Wallace showed up - and then, well, it was getting waaaay too greedy on the yardage when all we needed was a 1st down (ARIANS)
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote