Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,627 Times in 10,392 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Arizona Might be Interested in Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Sorry. If you actually stop and read maybe you can try and understand what some people are trying to say. We've spent many high picks on the oline and neglected other areas of the team. So when I hear crap about the oline; i laugh. Injuries. AHHH yes. Let me break it down for you. Marcus Gilbert. Playing like shit before he got hurt. Mike Adams. If Heath didn't have to baby sit him; he'd have 100 catches this year. David Decastro. Well he hasn't really played; but with so much expectations; I can honestly say his rookie year was a disappointment due to injury. Pouncey has played well. That was my point. We have spent enough on the oline; time to draft rbs and corners. Skill positions!!
Um... well... hm... First of all, I stopped... and I can indeed read... but, I still do not understand what you are trying to say.

DRAFT O-LINE
First, you say that Gilbert, Adams, & DD all suck. But, then, you say that the Steelers do NOT need to draft O-line. Well... uh... if they all three suck, then that leaves TWO good O-lineman: Starks & Pouncey. Hence, drafting O-line would be imperative.

But... you say that the Steelers do NOT need to draft O-line, because they already drafted O-line.

Huh?

If they suck, then they need to be replaced... but, you do not want to replace them. So, does that mean that you think that they are good???

IN OTHER WORDS... what exactly is your point?

SUMMATION:
1. The game of football is won on the line. If the O-line is indeed lacking, then using a high draft pick on it is NEVER a bad idea. A RB can not run through a wall; a RB needs holes. Make sense?

2. Those three kiddos (Gilbert et al) have been injured and/or are very young. Hence, they could indeed develop into very good linemen. I am not one to cut bait this early... especially since I think (opinion) that DD will be like the love-child of Alan Faneca & Steve Hutchinson: dominant.

3. With The Colon not able to stay healhty, and Ramon Foster being good, but not great, I would not mind a LG being drafted (although, either Beachum or Gilbert "could" play LG). Regardless, with that said, I see OLB & S being the top two targets.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote