Old 12-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #117
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Connecticut school shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I am indeed an anarchist, which means I have little choice but to agree to disagree with people. But I also am a committed pacifist and democrat (small "d" of course). I am quite certain that guns are toxic to any healthy political discourse, and they are clearly not peaceful.
I know, and I'm not trying to bash your personal beliefs. To be honest, we don't own any guns for political reasons. We have them for hunting and protection purposes. I've said before, but we live in an area where if someone broke in here and victimized us, first responders would be about 15-20 minutes away, and no neighbors in earshot. I value our right to protect ourselves. When we had our business in the city, even, I've had to deter a potential robber with my 1911. At the time, my daughter and I lived in a small area above the club/retail area. I don't make any apologies for that.

I understand your feelings, it's just weird to hear an anarchist be for federal regulations, that's all.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote