View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #152
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,329 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall suspended

IMO Mendenhall could care less if he plays another down this season as long as he gets paid

Ben sorry, Rashard not, as Steelers' soap drama continues

Ben Roethlisberger offered an apology but Rashard Mendenhall did not in the latest episode of 'As The Steelers Turn'.

The soap opera that has been the 2012 season took another twist when Roethlisberger apologized, not necessarily for what he said after Sunday's game that some took as criticism of coordinator Todd Haley, but for his words being misinterpreted and causing a "storm."...

Mendenhall made no apologies for skipping the game at Heinz Field Dec. 9, an action that drew a one-week suspension (and loss of $41,000 in salary) from Tomlin that ended Monday.

"I'm really not trying to go back into that," Mendenhall said at first. "It's good to be back."

But when told that Tomlin used the word "frustration" to describe how Mendenhall felt, the halfback disputed that.

"I wouldn't use that word," Mendenhall said about his reasons for not attending the game. "There's a lot of thought that goes into everything that I do."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...tinues-666988/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote